If you find your Samsung washer not turning on, it can make life a little bit complicated for you and your family. But don’t worry – we’ve got some top tips to help get it working again! You’re likely experiencing one of the most common problems with this appliance. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. We will go over some tips that might help get your machine up and running again.
How to Fix a Samsung Washer Not Turning On
Ready to get your washer working? Here are our top tips for a Samsung washer not turning on:
Samsung Washer Not Getting Power
This sounds simple, but it’s always best to check that your washer is getting power.
- First, check your home’s power. Make sure the power cord is plugged into an outlet that is actively providing electricity to your washer. If it isn’t plugged in all the way or the fuse is blown, you won’t be able to get your machine running again.
- If the power is connected and still not working, it might be that one of your fuses has been blown. Check all your fuses and make sure they aren’t blown.
- Using an extension cord is not recommended for your washer as it can cause issues with the power supply. If this is the case, unplug any extension cord and plug the machine directly into an outlet within 4 feet of your appliance.
Samsung Washer Isn’t Getting Water
An unresponsive washer may be caused by a lack of water. If your washer is leaking or the hoses are leaking, this could also be stopping your washer from washing. If you’re dealing with a smelly washer, a leak may be the culprit for this issue as well.
- Check the hot and cold valves on the back of the machine to make sure they are turned on. If not, turn them on and check to see if that fixes the issue.
- If you have a front-loading washer, it’s possible that the filter is blocked. Try cleaning out the filter to see if this solves your problem.
- Finally, check your water pressure and make sure it’s not too low for the washer to function properly. If your water pressure is too low, you may need to adjust the settings or have a professional come and inspect your home’s plumbing.
Samsung Washing Machine Start Button Not Working
There are a few reasons why your start button might not be working.
- If your washer buttons are not responding, try cleaning the rubber keypad with a damp cloth. This should help to remove any debris that may be preventing you from turning on the machine.
- If cleaning doesn’t work, check for a reset button. This button is usually located under the lid or on the back of your washer. Pressing this button will reset the machine and might help it turn on again.
- If you can’t find a reset button, try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes. This should help to reset your buttons and get them working again.
- Make sure the child lock or delay isn’t on. If they are, the start button will not start the washer.
Washer Door Lock Isn’t Activating
If your washer door won’t lock, your washer won’t start. If this is the case, you will need to inspect the door lock for any signs of damage or obstruction. Remove anything in the way that might be preventing the door from locking. If your door is closing fully but the lock is not activating, you may need to have the door lock inspected.
Samsung Washer Part Failure
Finally, it is possible that there is a part in your washer that has failed. Parts that can fail include the lid switch, door lock, or failure of the motor itself. If you have tried all the steps above and nothing is working, it’s time to call in a professional. A certified technician will be able to quickly diagnose the issue and get your washer running again.
We hope these tips for a Samsung washer not turning on have helped you get your Samsung washer back up and running again! If not, we recommend seeking the assistance of an experienced washer repair technician like the team at Apex Appliance who can take a closer look at the problem and help to find a solution. Good luck!