Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start planning your menu! This year, why not try something new? We’ve put together a list of 5 delicious side dishes that will make your Thanksgiving feast unforgettable. From creamy mashed sweet potatoes to savory stuffing, we’ve got you covered. So get ready to impress your guests with these mouth-watering recipes for our best Thanksgiving side dishes!
Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a Thanksgiving staple, but this year, why not try something different? Our creamy mashed sweet potatoes are sure to please. For an extra special touch, top them with marshmallows and bake until golden brown.
The recipe is similar to regular mashed potatoes, you’ll need to boil the sweet potatoes till soft, and then mash them until they’re smooth.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes cut into evenly sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons salted butter cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cream heavy cream, single cream, or whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
Lemon Herb Green Beans
Green beans are a healthy and delicious addition to any Thanksgiving feast and one of the best Thanksgiving side dishes. But this year, try something new with our lemon and herb green beans. They’re the perfect side dish for those looking for something light and refreshing.
You’ll need to boil or steam the beans and then add the other ingredients when done.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
Apple Sage Stuffing
Stuffing is another Thanksgiving classic, but our version is anything but ordinary. We’ve added apples, sage, and onions to create a stuffing that is both flavorful and moist. It’s the perfect side dish for those looking for something a little different.
You’ll need to cook the onions and apples before adding them to the rest of the ingredients and then follow your normal stuffing process.
- One 16-ounce bag of stuffing cubes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan and topping
- 1 pound fresh sage sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cooking apples, such as Gravenstein, or Rome, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 to 2 ribs celery with leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (see Cook’s Note)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Honey Roasted Carrots
If you’re looking for a vegetable side dish that will please even the pickiest of eaters, look no further than our roasted carrots with honey glaze. These carrots are roasted to perfection and they’re absolutely irresistible!
To make the honey glaze, you’ll need to mix together honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then, simply brush it over the carrots before roasting.
- 8 medium whole peeled carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
These roasted Brussels sprouts are crispy, savory, and oh-so-addictive. We guarantee that even the biggest Brussels sprouts haters will be begging for more.
To get that perfect crispy texture, you’ll need to roast the Brussels sprouts in a hot oven until they’re nice and brown. Then, simply toss them with some Parmesan cheese and you’re done!
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
So there you have it, our list of the best Thanksgiving side dishes! We hope you’ll try one (or all!) of these recipes this year and we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Remember, if you’re having any oven issues like an oven not heating before the Holiday, don’t forget to give Apex Appliance a call for oven repair service you can trust.